Friday, October 29, 2010
1. Hocus Pocus:
2. Haunted Mansion:
3. Halloweentown- All of them are ok:
5. Murder by Death -Similar to clue but maybe less known -I love it! :
Of course there's still others I like -Halloween is always a good time to watch a Tim Burton film -Beetlejuice,Corpse Bride,Nightmare before Christmas,-etc. And Charlie Brown's search for the great pumpkin is good too. What's your favorite movie(s) to watch around Halloween?
Hope everyone has a good weekend and a Happy Halloween!!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
And I have to say -I like The Talk! They ARE similar to The View- I'd say that The Talk focuses more on parenting issues and The View focuses more on celebs,politics, and other "Hot Topics" though. I like how the co-hosts on The Talk got acquainted not only amongst themselves but to the viewers as well -Sharing their pregnancy;birth stories,and backgrounds. Of course all the ladies are great - and it's nice to see them outside of the other various things/shows they've been on. It's a good mix- even if Leah Remini is LOUD sometimes -Ha -Just kidding(kinda ;) -All of them are lovely though! I like that as they say they're a support system of sorts - as they mention coming from Sara Gilbert's idea after being in a mom's group after her 2nd kid. And as I've mentioned before- it was tough for me becoming a stay-at home mom after my 2nd kid -and partly why I started this blog and am glad for the community I get from it. So, I get the concept! Of course I'm still a fan of The View -I love all the ladies on there too! So, where does this leave me?! Well, apparently with another show added to my DVR -Just what I need-Right?! ;)
So, Have you been watching ? -What do you think?
Well, we all know that parenting is 1 of the hardest jobs(Mom Mayhem anyone ;) But, as far as jobs I actually got paid for... You know I was just reviewing my resume' the other day -Thinking about jobs I've had -and what future jobs I might have...
I started out in food service/a waitress,been a file clerk (at the hospital where my daughter was born), and also in "teleservices" -1st as a telemarketer, then a customer service rep. I can't necessarily say 1 was worse than another- each had ups and downs.
Some people might think being a telemarketer is a bad job- I definitely didn't like the pressure for -Sales,Sales,Sales! And I really hated when they cracked down on quota -people with families in jeopardy of losing their jobs even if they were in the top sales the week before. I got so frustrated about all the changes -I even wrote a letter to corporate -maybe I shouldn't have signed my name -Got me fired (probably 1 of the few people you've heard of that got fired over a letter-Eh? ;) But, even then I wouldn't say it was the worst.
It seems any job dealing the public is like a box of chocolates -You never know what you're gonna get! As a waitress I might get a nice customer,an angry customer, or a sleazy guy that hit on me ; As a customer service rep. I might get a nice customer,an angry customer, or a sleazy guy calling in to order an "adult" channel and/or hit on me (Why must there always be a sleazy guy?!) Not only do you deal with customers, but also coworkers;bosses -and we know jobs can be a minefield of political B.S. -And I've had some doozys! Good bosses vs. bad bosses can make a lot of difference! For instance my CSR job (at DTV) -I went through a lot of bosses -some ok -some not -I was even subjected to racism -kinda weird seeing as how I'm white -But, I believe there was some reverse racism that I was a victim of and other coworkers -by the same person. Luckily after talking with the manager I got to switch supervisors. Not much was done to the supervisor-he even later became a manager -I heard after I left he eventually did get fired after more complaints though. Of course that's not to say I was always the best employee -I've never been too excited to stay long after my shift,willingly sign up for overtime, or gladly work holidays -Even though I had to do all of the above at times. But, back to jobs so- Yeah I'd say any job dealing with a bad boss and the public makes for a pretty bi-polar job! Many stories to tell -again my CSR job- going from customers that are crying,to feeling like a super hero that saved the customer's day, to getting cussed out - all in a day's work ;) And to think now that the kids are in school -I'm thinking about going back to this world! What I really need is a job that has a good boss,good schedule M-F (maybe 10am-2pm) flexible when needed, oh and good pay would be nice too -If you know anything like that let me know ;)
Sorry for the long post -I could probably go on about fat cat CEO's and their golden parachutes -and their affect on the economy. (Why I love things like Undercover boss - I hope things like that do make changes for the better-and not just in their P.R. persona- Ok I shut-up now ;)
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Last Friday I ended up having to take my son to the Dr. -as supected he had an ear infection -got him medicine and he rested most of the day Friday. Luckily my husband was able to take off work -since we had a guy out to fix our garage while I took my son to the Dr. The garage got fixed- over $200 later -just when we're getting back ahead seems something else needs to be fixed -Ugh. Oh well glad everything/everyone got fixed up.
We also got everything ready for my hubby's brother,sister, and her boyfriend to come in from out of town -they all stayed at our house. They got here Saturday around noon and just left yesterday afternoon! We spent a lot of time going out and about -keeping everyone entertained-etc. Went to a pumpkin patch,out shopping,the zoo-etc. We ate dinner out once at 1 of our favorite places -Casa Bonita -I even had some coupons to use - tried not to spend too much $ - We have a zoo membership so it doesn't cost us each time to go-etc. It was a little weird getting the kids off to school Monday and then hanging out with everyone some more. We did also end up eating lunch out with them Monday before they left -I wasn't sure if they were going to leave before or after lunch. It was a nice visit -just glad to be getting back to our normal schedule. Well, somewhat normal now Fall Break is coming up and more plans for the next few weekends -pretty busy lately! How about you?
Monday, October 18, 2010
Well, I admit when it comes to scary movies I'm a chicken -I try to avoid them and haven't seen 1 in quite awhile I guess that's why some of the 1st ones that come to mind that I've seen are older ones like...
From Alfred Hitchcock -I find him kinda fascinating maybe because we have the same birthday-albeit quite a few years difference (he died soon after I was born.) Something else that's cool about Alfred Hitchcock is that of course he's a master at suspense/scary/thriller films -But, also has a witty sense of humor as often seen in Alfred Hitchcock Presents:
Another older set of scary shows I remember is -The Twilight Zone -you knew even by the intro. music to expect something scary:
So, how about you? -Be sure to join in the MckLinky Monday fun with the RHOK !
Thursday, October 14, 2010
1. A few weeks ago I mentioned the hilarious Mompetition videos - Well, I guess they are getting really viral - Since then -there's even been an article in Time magazine about them!
2. You might've noticed a new widget on my blog -Kids Eat Free -over --> that way somewhere. I'm sure a lot of you are like me and love a good deal like kids eat free -etc. -In fact...
3. Besides that widget my latest frugal family Examiner article offers some Kids Eat free deals for October!
4. As we all know Halloween is coming soon! -I also have a few Examiner articles about fall fun/pumpkin patches, Free pumpkin carving stencils,Halloween crafts, -etc and probably some more coming up soon -I highlight a lot of that on my Facebook page -Check it out if you haven't already- Thanks!
5. Do you love candles? Glade candles? If you do -you should check out the design contest they're having -You can design a candle and the winning design gets $$! It took me a little while to get the hang of it -But, luckily you get a few chances per scent -I've made a few -I think these are some of my best ones- this,this, and this - Which 1 do you like the best? -Feel free to vote for me ;)
Well, that's about it for now -a lot of stuff to do around here -Our garage door is broken -have to get a person out to fix it (hoping it's not too expensive.) Also need to clean/get ready for some visitors -My sister and brother-in law are visiting for the weekend -I hope everything goes ok.
Until next time -Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Well, there are a lot of good ones! But, I feel that I should make a confession -I should probably have a John Hughes film marathon because a lot of them I remember bits and pieces but,enough to get the gist of them. -So, what would be my favorite? As far as the 80's classics -I'd have to say...
- The Breakfast Club. I pretty much love the point of the film that we all have preconceived notions about each other and a lot of times we may not be in the same group or "know" each other -But, if you take the time to get to know someone individually then your perception might change and sure we all have our own issues /baggage as well. I guess I can relate -not that I bonded with people at a Saturday detention class but, there was the 1 summer I had to go to summer school- a lot of us kinda knew each other and it was nice to know each other away from our usual groups and somewhat bond even if it was over our common enemy known as Algebra ;)
Besides who can deny the awesomeness that is this 80's song:
Oh I also have to say I love Home Alone -I pretty much LOL at all the booby traps he made for the would-be burglars - So, I have to show some of that too:
So, what about you -What's your favorite John Hughes film? -Be sure to join in the MckLinky Monday fun !!
Friday, October 8, 2010
1. Derby Line, Vermont -Lies on the border of Canada and the U.S. -They've recently had a bit of a border change/increase in security -trying to control the border - Luckily for people they can cross the border if they happen to be in the Haskell Free Library and Opera House which has a black line running through it -part of it being in Canada and part of it being in the U.S.!
2. There was a U.S. state that only lasted for 4 years -The state of Franklin -It's now part of Tennessee.
3. Kaskaskia -Illinois' lost capital -Now an island that technically is still part of Illinois even though the few residents have a Missouri zipcode- Causing some confusion. Kaskaskia is also home to the "Liberty Bell of the West" -You might not have known America had 2 Liberty Bells -this one is even older than the 1 in Philadelphia!
4. Bloody Island -Another island causing confusion if it's part of Illinois or Missouri -It was mostly considered "neutral" therefore becoming a rendezvous for dueilist -Becoming known as Bloody Island.
5. I had to include something about Oklahoma -You might've heard about -No man's land -in the OK panhandle -a haven for outlaws when there was little/no settlement in the area.
So, that's some pretty interesting things I learned-It might come on again sometime or if you wanted to find it online -Here's a little bit I found:
Now how's that for putting some wrinkles in your brain -Pretty educational Friday Five today-Eh?! ;) Well, Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
I love that I live in the city but can literally go down the street for a touch of the country -I finally decided to get some pics - Happy Wordless Wednesday!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Oh gosh -It's hard to pick a favorite! I've talked about different videos on here before -Some that represent The Mom Mayhem well like these or these, I've talked about parodies and memes and even a specific meme. Of course 1 of the things I also like to watch on YouTube are music videos -Maybe of my current favorite band, or just an old favorite, or maybe a cool mashup. I also like cool stop motion videos like this.
So, yeah I pretty much like any funny,cool,video-music or otherwise - And I love stumbling onto something new- I might play around on YouTube a lot ;) So, what would be my favorite -Hmmm?...
-Maybe 1 we put in -Showing my cat playing fetch and also my daughter- She's pretty funny too (but you'll probably have to turn the volume up to hear her though)
As you can probably tell this was a few years ago -My cat and daughter are both bigger now ;)
It also appears there's quite a few videos of cats that can play fetch -Some even named Shadow-Who would've thunk it!
So, how about you- What's your favorite Youtube video? Be sure to join in the MckLinky Monday on The RHOK!