Monday, October 11, 2010

MckLinky Monday -Favorite John Hughes Film

For today's MckLinky Monday with the RHOK -the ladies are talking about John Hughes' films and want to know -" What's your favorite John Hughes film?" And- "Why?"

Well, there are a lot of good ones! But, I feel that I should make a confession -I should probably have a John Hughes film marathon because a lot of them I remember bits and pieces but,enough to get the gist of them. -So, what would be my favorite? As far as the 80's classics -I'd have to say...
- The Breakfast Club. I pretty much love the point of the film that we all have preconceived notions about each other and a lot of times we may not be in the same group or "know" each other -But, if you take the time to get to know someone individually then your perception might change and sure we all have our own issues /baggage as well. I guess I can relate -not that I bonded with people at a Saturday detention class but, there was the 1 summer I had to go to summer school- a lot of us kinda knew each other and it was nice to know each other away from our usual groups and somewhat bond even if it was over our common enemy known as Algebra ;)
Besides who can deny the awesomeness that is this 80's song:

Oh I also have to say I love Home Alone -I pretty much LOL at all the booby traps he made for the would-be burglars - So, I have to show some of that too:

So, what about you -What's your favorite John Hughes film? -Be sure to join in the MckLinky Monday fun !!

3 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

Love the Breakfast Club message. :)

Dawn said...

John Hughes films are timeless. My 12-year-old daughter is loving them NOW. We just watched Maid in Manhattan the other day. She loved it!

Great picks!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I loved the first Home Alone movie. Breakfast Club was good also.