Thursday, June 3, 2010

A roller-coaster

It's been a bit of a roller-coaster around here lately. Ups and downs -some tense moments- even prompting a family talk-Too much to go into here. One thing I'll say I know I'm not a Supermom -I'd be the 1st to admit that if there was a contest for being a Supermom with a high-paying career and a super clean/organized home and gourmet meals 3 times a day -I'd lose -But, just because I'd lose -doesn't mean I fail -Right?! I know that I do contribute and I am not worthless! I like most people do what I can. Like a quote something like -"Trying to keep a clean house with little ones running around is like shoveling snow in a snowstorm." That is what it feels like a lot of times. Especially with my son and his issues -I pick my battles -I don't constantly make him pick up his toys -they're his toys -I'd rather him mess up his toys than other things. Even if it might look like this, or this, or this most of the time. That's not to say there can't be improvement on mine and other family members parts -Which is what we discussed.

Luckily, we had some time to calm down before going to take my daughter to her Dr's appt. for her Hashimoto's . After the endocrinologist checked her out ; she got lab work done -to see if the medicine is working(I got a call yesterday -her levels are still abnormal and we'll try increasing her dosage and get checked out again in a few weeks)
After the appt. I planned to have an outing anyways-We went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner-I love that place! I let my son play -he's not the most social person -But, there was 1 boy that he actually started to play with! They introduced themselves and my son actually asked if he wanted to be best friends-It was so cute! Then the other boy burped and they thought that was hysterical- leave it to boys to bond over burping ;) Unfortunately that little boy did say a few "bad" words -Not directed at my son-But, he said things like -"Stupid poopy head" and I think I heard him say -"Damn" I tried to discourage it by saying that's not nice and luckily my son followed my lead on that. Then after a few minutes his mom came in and he had to leave - I guess It was nice while it lasted . Reminded me of this video I saw -Except for in my son's case it might go like -Chick-Fil-A -Where I met my best friend today. We only got to play for a few minutes -before he had to go away -Oh Chick-Fil-A-Aaaa.

I guess I'll end this roller-coaster rambling with the video I'm referring to -It's hilarious!



No comments: