Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Reminiscing

I'm not sure if everyone likes to reminisce or if it's just fun remembering all those childhood things being a child from the 80's/90's. But, it's nice to remember Strawberry Shortcake,Care Bears,Cabage Patch Kids,Smurfs,My Little Pony,She-Ra/He-man. Some of those being great TV shows too and other shows like ThunderCats,Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,Full House,Blossom-(Yeah I even remebering doing a class poster about the TV show Blossom ;) Or even the songs/singers gotta love Debbie Gibson and the New Kids on the Block! =D I could seriously go on & on. But, really to me it is nice to think about those kinds of things- Recently my dad brought some stuff from storage he still had when we were kids- for me and my sis to go through. And we found some classic "vintage" stuff -Like this California Raisin stamp set,old video game player/video games like -Frogger!, and even our old keyboard-See pic:But this got me thinking if our kids will reminisce about things from their childhood what kind of things will they remember? I have to say I was glad that Care Bears-etc did come back some so I could share that with my daughter-Maybe we'll have that in common! But I'm sure there will be some stuff that's so "classic" to their childhood. Maybe Dora and Diego ? Maybe-Webkinz ? When I was younger I'd never imagine such a thing as Webkinz -I mean the internet just became popular when I was graduating highschool or somewhere around there ;)
And speaking of electronic gadgets maybe instead of the old frogger games they'll remember their Gameboys or Nintedo DS. And they'll probably remember how Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus was SO big with the TV show,CD's, and the many,many products she "they" are on.
What do you think- Do you love reminiscing? What things do you think your kids will remember?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, yes... I do get nostalgic about stuff. Im sure my son has his own things but I dont know what his will be :)

Frenzied Texas Momma said...

I love that the stuff I used to play with ( Transformers, Care Bears, G.I. Joe, Strawberry Shortcake, Star Wars, etc.) is coming back, Im just feeling unsure and betrayed at how much they have changed them. But they are still fun to share with my kids!