Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wordless Wednesday -And a reminder

Old Bench:New Bench: When we moved into this house I just got a cheap bench -that we've had for a few years now. Even though it's held up pretty well -it's kinda splinter-y and I really wanted a fancier bench anyways. So, I got the bench from my Gma's house(If you remember-I've been helping go through her stuff since she passed away a couple mo's ago.) I cleaned it up and put on some weatherproof stuff so hopefully it won't get all splintery and will last a long time. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the old bench -This is where it is for now:

Also I wanted to remind everyone that tomorrow will be the last day to enter my Giveaway - So make sure you do that- And have a nice day!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Seems like the old one would be really pretty holding some planters with vines growing all around the slats. Especially if it's still sturdy enough to hold them up. If not ... maybe set them underneath and let the vines grow up through it.

I LOVE benches. They're just so friendly! :)

jennykate77 said...

I was going to suggest something similiar to the above comment...I think re-purposing it would be great! Maybe cut some holes in the bench and put pots down in it, or you could paint it...a nice bright color would be cute!

Dawn said...

OH, that Beth and Jenny are smart ones. What a great idea.

Love the new bench!

Happy WW!

Dawn's Diversions AKS Mrs. Albright @TheRHOK

Mom Mayhem says: said...

You all are so smart! I think I know the perfect spot to put the old bench now -Thanks for the ideas and comments!