Friday, April 29, 2011

PW -Part 2

Oh yes in part 2 we see more of the funny/embarrassing things that can/do happen to Ree - I agree wearing a wool suit to an Oklahoma summer wedding -not the best idea ;) That exact problem hasn't happened to me but, I do have my own sweating issues -my hands get clammy quite often (sorry if you've ever shaken my clammy hand)- And I can totally relate to the "Embarrassing, clumsy things happened to me with some degree of regularity"

Of course also in this part we see deeper into MM and PW's relationship as they spend time on the ranch, watching movies, driving around in his pickup truck - I love the part where she says "If Marlboro Man were moonshine during Prohibition, I'd smuggle crates of it across state lines and guzzle it on the journey; if he were a street drug I'd sell my hair to score a fix; if he were standing below a cliff; I'd jump off to be with him." -Anyone else get Ke$ha's -Your love is my drug stuck in their head after reading that? ;)

And yes I thought the marriage proposal might be some uber romantic happening at the ranch but it was more nonchalant when Marlboro Man came to Ree's house unexpectedly and he tossed her the ring asking if she wanted to marry him -After she got over the shock and thought it about it for a minute of course she said yes!

Then on to the wedding plans! ... sadly PW's parent's marriage was still falling apart -but, she tried to distract her mom with the many wedding plans /decisions. It sounded like a big,beautiful wedding - And so they were married! And as she alludes to in the last part -Part 3 - "The coming year, real life would come crashing in" - To be continued...

3 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

it sounds like such a fun book

ThatsBaloney said...

My hands are always freezing. Don't think I've shook your clammy hand?! LOL.

The 4-Crows Blog said...

I have never noticed your hands to be clammy, but maybe that's because I'm a hugger.... don't you just LOVE this book. You are a great reviewer!!! I'm a BAAAAD book club member!!!