Friday, January 21, 2011

This week

Doing something different this Friday -Just a little update -So, this week...
Monday started with MLK day -The kids were out of school I didn't have a lot planned except a scheduled Dr's appt./checkup for my son (He's been having a lot of ear infections lately and may need to see an ENT). I got to sleep in some -I was just getting out of the shower when I got an unexpected call- my cousin's wife was in labor -early! So, all day we were on baby watch- she'd been in labor since early in the morning -about 15 hrs. later she gave birth -luckily we were there - I visited for a little while after -since the baby is a preemie he is still in special care (positive thoughts and prayers appreciated! ). I didn't get to see the baby then. Tues. I visited again while the kids were in school and luckily I also got to see the baby for a little bit!
Mostly did our usual routine -except in the evening I attended a planning meeting at my son's school -for bingo night. Wednesday was a pretty normal day -Oh I did find out that my son is 1 of the kids picked for Student of the month! And then of course Wed. night/ Thursday the snow came in -Turned out no school Thursday and today too! Which is ok but, now we'll just have to see when they reschedule the assembly for student of the month -etc.
Some unexpectedness this week -the kids only went to school 2 days and we have a new addition to the family! That's the week so far -How about you?!

4 comments:

Jill of All Trades said...

Nice week. Snow day, I love it that I can tell myself to stay home now. Don't like the snow much but it's okay as long as I don't have to venture out. Did a bit of painting while snowed in though.

Amy said...

Strange week here. Monday off for the holiday, snow day on Tuesday, taught on Wednesday, observed at another school on Thursday, snow day today! More than a little disruptive to our schedule, but nice to have all the time together!
http://amysreallife.wordpress.com

Brandy@YDK said...

sending healthy baby thoughts. did y'all have the shower at the hospital?

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Yeah I appreciate the snow more if I don't have to get out in it. A week a bit interrupted/disruptive -for sure!
@ Brandy -No luckily the shower was awhile back -just threw in some pictures from it since I didn't show that on here before - Thanks for the healthy baby thoughts!