Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My worst parenting week(s)....

I've thought about writing about this before-I often think about the time when my son was a newborn 4 years ago now- And what all that happened then. Recently I was thinking about it because well I usually think about it around my son's birthday but, also because the women at LTDchix wanted people to share their stories about breastfeeding problems. I shared some about that and I don't know if they'll retell my story on their radio show tomorrow hopefully I'll catch it and see. But, that is just part of what happened-What all did happen? There's a few bad things and I'm not even sure I remember the order in how it happened. But, here goes...

1st of all before my son was due to be born we found out that 1 of our cats -Sunny was ill. They did a blood test and everything and concluded that his kidney was failing. A few days after my son was born our cat Sunny was getting really bad he would just fumble when he tried to get up and walk and he started coughing up blood. Since I was home with the new baby my husband took Sunny in to be put down I also mentioned that here. Although it was sad it did remind me of the whole circle of life -When 1 passes away another is born...
In the meantime I was having difficulties breastfeeding. Once we took my son in for his 1st pediatrician's visit the Dr. was concerned about how much weight he lost. We went to using a bottle -(pumping wasn't very easy)so we started using formula. Only a few days later I noticed some blood in his stool. I called the Dr. and they said it could be from him pushing-etc. But, it continued and got worse so we went in -The Dr. couldn't figure out anything wrong. They even had me collect his stool and bring it back in (keeping it in our fridge in the meantime!) as I mentioned before here. It was only a passing statement by a nurse that maybe my son was allergic to the formula that we thought to try different formulas. We eventually settled on a hypo-allergenic formula. -In the meantime...
My husband was sick he went to the Dr. they said it was just a cold -But, it was misdiagnosed...
He got worse -He eventually went to the minor care place and was diagnosed with Pneumonia! So, here I was taking care of the new baby,daughter, and sick husband. My husband of course had to be kinda quarantined as much as possible. Well, I know I was running on empty and I guess my daughter felt neglected because she decided to cut her hair! That was my breaking point -I finally called in for reinforcements! My grandma had come over the next day to fix my daughter's hair. And that is what all happened literally the first couple weeks after my son was born. And even though it seems like it could be a sad country song it felt like 1 of the worst parenting week(s) ever! Luckily my husband got better and we all survived! Whew- The Mom Mayhem!

So,what's one of your worst parenting days,weeks,months?

No comments: