Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How's this for some mom mayhem...

So, I guess there's some things that can happen with kids that seem pretty awful and yet kinda common like kids writing on walls,or them cutting their hair(both have happened here), or say kids locking themselves in somewhere -Yep that's what happened here yesterday! ...

So, let's set the stage it's been unusually warm for November here-which is great to have some outside play time. So I took my son out to the backyard and we played outside for awhile. I then noticed that he was taking in his outside bikes and other toys in the house. And since it was about time to come in and get ready to go get my daughter anyways I just said "No it's time to go in and bring the bikes-etc. back outside." I grabbed a couple of the toys and told him to grab the others and bring them back outside. As I walked outside and put the toys down I turned back around and he was being defiant and said no and closed the door and then proceeded to lock the door too!! I still can't believe he did that!!
I of course tried to find a way in but my paranoid self has the house really locked up! I then spent awhile trying to tell my son how to UN-lock the door which up until that point was glad he couldn't unlock it and go out without my permission. But, alas it is much easier to lock than unlock and he just couldn't do it. I tried another door even thinking -Ok I've seen people jimmy locks on tv -I'll try it -Yeah definitely not as easy as they make it seem like on TV! And of course 20/20 hindsight -I usually grab the portable house phone in case someone calls but, didn't yesterday. I thought about trying to climb the fence and use a neighbor's phone but, I was pretty much blanking out on my husband's new phone #-Dang technology and not remembering numbers anymore! So, I just kept trying to get my son to unlock the back door which is a sliding glass one. One thing I did notice was when I tried to open the door the top would open a little gap not that it was much help -Or was it ? ...

If I could get the phone through the gap maybe -Nah the home phone was too big! But, my cell phone might fit! -Aha! I coaxed my son to get my phone and push it through the gap -it worked!! I called my husband who luckily was not very far away and he got home and let me in then he rushed to get my daughter. All in all it worked out and although it seemed like forever luckily it was about 30 minutes that my son was locked in the house by himself -Oh the mom mayhem! And believe me he got a good talking to and time out -He promises to never do that again-He better!

No comments: