Happy Friday the 13th! How many out there are superstitious? What superstitions have you heard of or believe in? There's plenty of superstitions surrounding Friday the 13th - So, I'd thought I'd share a few things on that subject -Today's Friday Five...
1. My birthday comes on a Friday the 13th -Ok so not every year and I wasn't born on a Friday the 13th -But, it does happen every few years. I can't say they were particularly unlucky except I remember being kinda sick once when my birthday was on a Friday the 13th.
2. People that have a morbid,irrational fear of Friday the 13th are called Paraskevidekatriaphobics
3. Why do people think Friday the 13th is so unlucky? There are a few reasons -it's mostly rooted in ancient, separate bad-luck associations with the number 13 and the day Friday. The two unlucky entities combine to make one super unlucky day.
4. Many places skip the "unlucky" number 13 -Such as: More than 80 percent of high-rises lack a 13th floor and many airports skip the 13th gate.
5. While typing this the program was not responsive and I had to restart my computer *que scary music* -Oooh -Friday the 13th!! =D
Well, until next time hope you have a not too unlucky day and weekend!