Monday, August 9, 2010

MckLinky Monday -Back to school -Happy or Sad?

Today on the RHOK - They want to know Back to school -Happy or Sad?
Well, it is true the countdown to back to school has started -Indeed. I always find it bittersweet -I do love being able to sleep in and spend time together -But, then again sometimes it can be an overwhelming amount of time together ;)
This back to school year will be especially bittersweet since my baby -my son is starting school -for the 1st time! Sure we've read books to try to ease my his fears ,we got him a backpack, and are preparing to meet his teacher and everything -So, hopefully it will go ok. Of course my daughter will be heading back to school -middle school. So I'll have to figure out how that will all go getting them to 2 different schools and everything - I might be feeling just a bit anxious about all this -It will be an adjustment for sure! But, hopefully it all turns out fine -and then ?? Then I'll be here at home -By myself!! That does make me a bit happy since I fully intend on watching some movies that have been piling up and enjoying "me" time -Oh and I guess I'll actually have more time to clean -etc. Not sure what all else I'll do - But, I'm sure eventually I'll miss everyone and wonder -Is it almost summertime?

5 comments:

Dawn said...

How exciting that your little one is going to school for the first time. It's such a huge milestone. I'm sure it will go smoothly and you'll enjoy some much needed "me" time.

I'm like you though... when spring gets here I'll be ready again for summer break.

Thanks for participating with The RHOK again this week. =)

~Mrs. Albright @TheRHOK

ThatsBaloney said...

Sleeping in is really, really nice. I'm gonna miss it.

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

"Me" time? Can I come over to your house? :) When school starts my own kids go to school, but then I start babysitting my 2 year old cousin. The tweens and teen are easier. He's potty training. So....seriously? Can I come over? LOL

Thanks for playing along today!

~~Mrs. Nesbitt

Jill of All Trades said...

You will have fun. Read, TV, lunch with friends. A whole new world. Have fun.

Unknown said...

I agree with the sleeping in....my alarm goes off at 5am during the school year