Monday, February 14, 2011

MckLinky Monday - Celebrating Valentine's Day

Today on the RHOK Mrs. Bundy wants to know -"How do you celebrate Valentine's Day?" Depending on what day it falls on - generally the hubby and I celebrate the weekend before -like this past weekend...
Once the babysitter (my sis) and pizza got here -The hubby and I went out. I think everyone was ready to get out of the house because we battled traffic- oh -and we also battled Snirt:
But we finally made it to our destination: Even though it was pretty busy we got there early enough that we only had to wait about 20 minutes -and then Mmmm - as always yummy food! They did make a minor mistake that our main meals came before our soup and salad -they were very apologetic and even offered us a free dessert -which we did take up their offer ;) Generally when we have a date night we eat and see a movie or something - There wasn't a lot of movies that we agreed to watch -but we did decide to see The King's Speech -But, 1st we had a little time before the movie was to start -so, we stopped here: We needed to pick up a few things and I picked out a few little Valentine presents for the kids as well. Then we watched the movie -I had previously made my case that it seems everyone says it's a good movie and it is Oscar nominated -etc. -Which it was a pretty good movie! Then we made it back home. Even though it was about 10pm the kids were still awake- we got them settled in, talked with my sis a little bit, and caught some of SNL before she left and then we headed to bed ourselves. The following day -Sunday (yesterday) I went ahead and gave the kids their Valentine gifts/candy -and we had fun sharing the conversation hearts and getting cards ready for my son's Valentine's party at school today. And that's how we celebrated Valentine's Day - How about you? Be sure to join in the Mcklinky Monday on the RHOK and let us know -And Happy Valentine's Day! :)

8 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Sounds like a fun time! I asked hubby, Friday night, if he wanted to blow the grocery budget and go eat Prime Rib for Valentines Day. He suggested that Joe (21 year old son) and I go instead. Such romance (sigh)! We went and my Prime Rib was cold! As far as Valentines Day goes it was a bust ... but we had a great, and very restful, weekend!

ThatsBaloney said...

Already celebrated?! Do you open Christmas presents early?
Happy Valentine's Day!

Impulsive Addict said...

They DO have yummy food! We don't have much to choose from down here. Boo.

Brandy@YDK said...

sounds like a lovely vday evening. We took G on our date to outback. but he was pretty well-behaved and the dinner was delish!

6 Happy Hearts said...

Love the C! Did you enjoy that movie?
Heard it was good. Hope you had a great day today!

Unknown said...

LOLOLOL@SNIRT!!!!
Sounds like a wonderful valentines/date night!

Anonymous said...

Hey we did carry out there. I'm eating the rest of my Chicken Bryan right now!

I think your day sounded just perfect! Sisters are the best babysitters! I just feed mine and I don't have to pay her. ;oD

Jill of All Trades said...

The Hubby, for nearly our entire 35 years of marriage, has refused to take me to dinner on Heart Day or Mother's Day. He says the service and wait time is horrendous. I have protested but gave up a long time ago and now we have very nice dinners at home. We go out before or after "the day" and that is fine with me.