Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Kinda WW - our Christmas trees past and present

We've only had 2 Christmas trees - When we were in an apt. I wanted to get 1 so bad but, we couldn't really afford much -so, when I saw a tree for sale ($20 at Target) we went around to a couple of Targets until we found 1. I was so excited to finally have a Christmas tree even if it was a little Charlie Brownish. Later when we got our cat -He'd play around and knock down the tree -as you can tell he was sitting pretty proud of his accomplishment ;)
Then when we moved into our house I knew we needed a nice big tree -I was glad to find another good deal (less than $100) and we've been using that tree since. It's gotten a little battered over the years- and we might have to get another 1 eventually -I'm not too sure about the new trees that all seem to be pre-lit and all ? Eh- Our tree is working out fine for now -the cat now likes to lay under it and occasionally knock a couple of ornaments down -but, not the tree ;)

3 comments:

jennykate77 said...

Too funny! We used to have a Charlie Brownish Christmas tree too. I think it's a right of passage or something. My big ol' dog loves to lay under ours...DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! She sheds all over my adorable tree skirt! She gets yelled at more often during the holidays. It's not very Christmas like of us.

Your "now" tree is very pretty!

Impulsive Addict said...

Well get this? I just put up my VERY FIRST Christmas tree and I've been married for 8 years. And it's a little Charlie Brownish too but I still love it and I'm so glad that my blogger friends made me put one up! =)

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Thanks JennyKate and I guess it must be a right of passage to have a Charlie Brownish tree.
@ Impulsive addict -I'm so glad you got your 1st Christmas tree -How exciting!