Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Talk- part deux

I know it's been awhile since I posted anything but, there's some things I want to talk about -like:
So, The Talk has been in it's 2nd season for a couple of weeks now - And there has been a little shake up...
Sans Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete. Even though they can be a little loud and crazy -(especially Leah ;) -But, I was surprised they're not on the show anymore. If it was just acting a little crazy at times -then what about Sharon Osbourne? -Oh maybe she's just got a little brown on her nose for finally getting Stevie Nicks to perform on the show(still love ya Sharon -just kidding -kinda ;) -So, that leaves Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, and Julie Chen as the originals still on -and now they've had on (temporarily at least) - Molly Shannon and Sheryl Underwood and also Kris Jenner.
Molly Shannon is of course great -loved her since SNL and Sheryl is great too -but, she kinda feels like the token black person and a mash up of other co-hosts of other morning talk shows *ahem-The View* -just saying she's also a black comedian like other people and all (just kidding-kinda -Ziiinnggg ;) No really they're both lovely and it's nice to know their backgrounds -I had no idea Molly Shannon and her family was in a bad car wreck when she was little -losing her mom,a sister,a cousin, and injuring her dad -leaving him to try to heal and take care of her and her other sister -(I can somewhat relate -since my dad raised me and my sis -but, not because of a tragic accident -and we still saw our mom -alternating weekends and holidays) And so proud of Sheryl's military service and sad to hear her husband killed himself -of course she does a great job of somehow cracking jokes and lightening the mood on tough subjects. And then there's Kris Jenner aka -Mama Kardashian -she's actually pretty good at the talk show gig -getting her points out there -that even makes sense sometimes -(again just kidding- kinda ;) -But, really it's all going ok -even though I still miss Holly and Leah at times - So far, so good -Of course this is all just in my humble opinion :)

No comments: