Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bursting the baby bubble

Well, now that my son is officially 4 years old. I suppose I can't consider him a baby anymore.
But, as parents they will always be our babies though right?! I know 4 might seem a bit old to be thinking this- When do you consider them "not babies" anymore? I suppose it might be a case by case basis. I know I had some preconceived notions even about being a SAHM. I thought everyone gets a few weeks to live in that baby bubble full of late night feedings and subsequent tired;mommy brain. But,surely if I stay home for about a year or so then I can see about going back to work-etc. But, as some might know my son has dairy allergies not too severe but, at about 1 yr. old I was literally freaking out about the possibility of his 1st "real milk" experience or lack there of. And as time went by there were other anxieties not too mention potty training that we just got done with a few short months ago. And now I can't believe my son will be going to school soon! Now I can burst out of the baby bubble more and more -It's a little bit exciting and nerve racking at the same time. The past couple weeks I've been going to an exercise class -actually Zumba -it's really fun! I've gone out here and there with different things like mom's night out-etc. I might've lost a bit of myself and I know it's important not to fully lose ourselves in the baby bubble. So, here's to bursting the baby bubble -Who knows what all is in store...

No comments: