Thursday, September 30, 2010
1. These videos are hilarious -I'm going to share a few of these -1st -Why it's hard to make mom friends:
I think most of us moms fall somewhere in the middle of these -I know I do -But, it's hilarious!
2. Another one:
3. And another one that I like - this time I'll share the link from Mompetition's Channel -You can also join the Mompetition Blog!
4. Here's a classic Bill Cosby video about having kids:
5. This comedian is also funny -Talking about parenting:
Hope you enjoyed these! Have a happy friday and a good weekend!!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
As I've probably mentioned before that growing up my dad got custody of me and my sister (a story in itself). So, anyways 2 girls growing up with their dad is a little bit out of the norm to begin with. And my dad he's kinda a quirky minimalist,conspiracy theory type of guy. He's had a few different jobs-from working in downtown Tulsa to a few odds and ends ones especially the past few years but, now he's retired. And now he lives here:
Monday, September 27, 2010
A couple of expressions come to my mind on this subject - Communication is key and Say what you mean and mean what you say. Oh sure I understand there may be times that require a little sugar coating on a conversation -I also understand some things cannot be communicated right away- waiting awhile to reveal a pregnancy for example (and no I am not pregnant! ;) But, for the most part it really gets under my skin when there is a break down of communication -No one really likes the runaround!
I'm sure I have other pet peeves -but lack of communication is the source for so many problems! Maybe it's because I'm a planner -But, I don't want to hear Sunday night that there's a school project that needs to be done, I would like for everyone to work together and be on the same page for whatever upcoming PTA event, and if the spousal unit has a problem -Let's talk it out - Communication is key!
So, there you have it - How about you -What's your pet peeve? Be sure to join in on MckLinky Monday on the RHOK and let it out!
Friday, September 24, 2010
1. In case you haven't heard of the Double Rainbow meme it all started with this video:
2. Then the most infamous part of this meme happened- the Gregory Brother's (who are famous for Auto-tuning various things) Auto-tuned the video and made it into a song -You can even purchase it on Itunes! -Here's the Double Rainbow Song:
3. Of course now there are lots of different versions of the original video out there like the OMG Cat 1:
4. And what's a rainbow without a Leprechaun?! -This video is even an Interactive- Choose your own adventure! :
5. This video is not necessarily a parody -It's more talking about a music tour -called - Wait for it ... Triple Rainbow Awesome!
I looked at the tour dates and was so excited that they're coming to Oklahoma- Looks like they took T-town off the tour and are just going to OKC now though. (I know my nerd side is totally showing right now ;)
Well, that's it for today's Friday 5 - Hope everyone has a good day and weekend!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
What fun outings have you done lately or are planning to do?
Oh and if you like museums be sure to check out my latest Examiner article -Free Museum days! And you can always check out my other articles by clicking the button over there --> or by looking me up on Facebook -Tulsa Frugal Family Examiner -Happy Wednesday!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Oh gosh 7 truths about myself -Here goes:
1. I have a major sweet tooth
2. I baked some cookies last night -ate a few then and so far have had 1 this morning
3. When I was younger my sister and I would fight a lot -But, now we are "mature" and don't fight
4. I have a bit of a temper -and I have red hair -I guess it's true what they say "Redheaded temper"
5. I am for the most part nice despite the temper-I don't really start fights But, I don't back down from them either (Totally stole that from Caroline Manzo -on the Real Housewives of NJ ;)
6. I love TV especially Reality TV
7. Like anyone else I'm not perfect -I have made some mistakes in life
Monday, September 20, 2010
That's a good question! I don't think there's ever been a career day at my kids' school . And sure they'd probably know what to say about my husband -Daddy works with computers. But, as for me it would probably be a little harder to explain -my daughter might remember the days when I had to take her to daycare before I rushed to my customer service job -wouldn't necessarily consider that my career though. I would hope my kids would say say something like - Now mommy stays home -gets us to school,takes care of things at home, takes care of us when we're sick,drives us to places we need to go, she's also a writer too! I hope they'd say something like that not - Mommy stays home and uh ... plays on the computer?! Seems I'm fighting this kind of assumption a lot - as most of you know -there's more to being a SAHM than that :)
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Favorite Actor: I might've mentioned before since I was younger I've loved Tom Cruise -He's in some great movies -Jerry Maguire, Top Gun, Far & Away, The Outsiders (made here in Tulsa I might add) - Just to name a few -There's something else I like about him- Hmmm -What could it be? ;)
Favorite Actress: I'm kinda partial to redheads like myself -Maybe a great award winning actress- who is not necessarily a size 0 - like -Kate Winslet: So many great performances -like Titanic -even if she's gone more blonde -she's still ok in my book Oh and did I mention my fav actor/actress both seem like great parents too?!
I've watched that video like a billion times over the past few days. I've also watched some interviews they did and was impressed that for 1 - A female drummer- but, also that even though they're an alternative pop/rock band -they're "clean living" -No drinking, no drugs - They also just seem like a fun group see:
Favorite movie: There's really so many -But, I'll narrow it down to 2 -
Nah ;) I'd have to say Edward from Twilight:
Favorite TV series: I'm also looking forward to season 2 of Parenthood:
-But also love some classics like Seinfeld:
Favorite Time Waster: Blogging, Facebook,Youtube -All that kind of stuff ;)
Favorite Chore: Don't really like any of them -But, will go with Vacuuming
Favorite Quote: So, many great ones -inspirational,funny -etc. A random/poetic 1 I like though is: "Drink to me only with thine eyes,And I will pledge with mine; Or leave a kiss but in the cup And I'll not look for wine" ~Ben Jonson
Favorite Smell: A nice fresh,clean smell like -Clean linen
Favorite Vacation Spot: Gosh can't say that I've been on a lot of vacations to know what my fav. is -Somewhere tropical would be nice though :)
So, what are your favorites? Be sure to join in the MckLinky fun on the RHOK :)
Friday, September 10, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Allstate's new advertising campaign -They are funny commercials like this:
I've also recently heard it more in the context of this blog -But, for Parenthood in general -like this:
So, I'm just saying did I start something? ;) Oh and BTW I know these are both advertisements which if you would like to know I am not affiliated with or got anything from -Although I would recommend watching Parenthood -great show -does reflect -The Mom Mayhem well :)
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Happy Wordless Wednesday!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
1. Taylor Swift -Love her songs and everything! But, a lot of times I see her -I think she looks like someone-But, who? This actually happens to me a lot-But, I think I finally figured this 1 out! -She looks like - The original Barbie:
3. Cracker Jacks: 1st -Mmm But, 2nd and onto my point -I'm pretty sure this is 1 of the 1st foods if not the 1st to offer a "toy prize" -But, you don't hear people saying it's a "bad food influence" on kids -No, you only hear about that on things like Happy Meals at McDonald's ...
4. And speaking of McDonalds ... - We got a box of stuff from my MIL some things were my husband's old belongings,some were just old toys-etc. she wanted to get rid -And 1 of the things in there was some McDonald's videos -specifically -Ronald McDonald's Wacky Adventures -Like this:
5. If that's not weird enough -we watched some and I noticed similarities to some of today's cartoons- like Grimace is like the sidekick of Spongebob aka -Patrick:
Huh? Huh? Whadyathink? Also not too mention similarities to the show Dora the explorer -Could the Hamburglar be the original Swiper? And the little chicken mcnuggets are like the little spanish music playing dudes?! Just saying -Have I revealed too much craziness today? ;)
Well, that's it for now -Have a good Labor Day weekend!
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Last week we talked about 2 truths and a lie. A lot of people guessed my lie was that I won a $1,000 shopping spree to the mall -But, that was a truth-it did happen quite awhile back though- and I dug up the pictures to show ya'll ;)
Coincidentally enough since I've been
talking writing a lot about Back to school - The shopping spree from the mall was a "Back to school" giveaway -I don't remember the exact age limit for that contest -But, I was excited that I (being in Jr. high -then) was old enough to enter -so enter I did- And I won! I remember that I got to tell them what stores I wanted a gift certificate for and how much-a lot of the $ went to Dillards to buy "cool" clothes that we otherwise couldn't afford and also to Sears to buy myself a TV :)
Well, Happy Wordless Wednesday!