Wednesday, February 24, 2010
1st of all before my son was due to be born we found out that 1 of our cats -Sunny was ill. They did a blood test and everything and concluded that his kidney was failing. A few days after my son was born our cat Sunny was getting really bad he would just fumble when he tried to get up and walk and he started coughing up blood. Since I was home with the new baby my husband took Sunny in to be put down I also mentioned that here. Although it was sad it did remind me of the whole circle of life -When 1 passes away another is born...
In the meantime I was having difficulties breastfeeding. Once we took my son in for his 1st pediatrician's visit the Dr. was concerned about how much weight he lost. We went to using a bottle -(pumping wasn't very easy)so we started using formula. Only a few days later I noticed some blood in his stool. I called the Dr. and they said it could be from him pushing-etc. But, it continued and got worse so we went in -The Dr. couldn't figure out anything wrong. They even had me collect his stool and bring it back in (keeping it in our fridge in the meantime!) as I mentioned before here. It was only a passing statement by a nurse that maybe my son was allergic to the formula that we thought to try different formulas. We eventually settled on a hypo-allergenic formula. -In the meantime...
My husband was sick he went to the Dr. they said it was just a cold -But, it was misdiagnosed...
He got worse -He eventually went to the minor care place and was diagnosed with Pneumonia! So, here I was taking care of the new baby,daughter, and sick husband. My husband of course had to be kinda quarantined as much as possible. Well, I know I was running on empty and I guess my daughter felt neglected because she decided to cut her hair! That was my breaking point -I finally called in for reinforcements! My grandma had come over the next day to fix my daughter's hair. And that is what all happened literally the first couple weeks after my son was born. And even though it seems like it could be a sad country song it felt like 1 of the worst parenting week(s) ever! Luckily my husband got better and we all survived! Whew- The Mom Mayhem!
So,what's one of your worst parenting days,weeks,months?
Thursday, February 18, 2010
But, as parents they will always be our babies though right?! I know 4 might seem a bit old to be thinking this- When do you consider them "not babies" anymore? I suppose it might be a case by case basis. I know I had some preconceived notions even about being a SAHM. I thought everyone gets a few weeks to live in that baby bubble full of late night feedings and subsequent tired;mommy brain. But,surely if I stay home for about a year or so then I can see about going back to work-etc. But, as some might know my son has dairy allergies not too severe but, at about 1 yr. old I was literally freaking out about the possibility of his 1st "real milk" experience or lack there of. And as time went by there were other anxieties not too mention potty training that we just got done with a few short months ago. And now I can't believe my son will be going to school soon! Now I can burst out of the baby bubble more and more -It's a little bit exciting and nerve racking at the same time. The past couple weeks I've been going to an exercise class -actually Zumba -it's really fun! I've gone out here and there with different things like mom's night out-etc. I might've lost a bit of myself and I know it's important not to fully lose ourselves in the baby bubble. So, here's to bursting the baby bubble -Who knows what all is in store...
Monday, February 15, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
1. Lost -Final season! -Need I say more?! So far it seems more questions have come up than answers -But, I'm along for the ride- Exciting!!2. Ugly Betty - As much as Lost's final season was expected -Unfortunately this will also be Ugly Betty's last season. It seems to me that's what happens a lot when they move shows around -Such as with Ugly Betty -Thurs. night to Fri. night, then to Wednesday night. Makes me wonder if networks sometimes do that on purpose to get rid of shows? Unfortunately I'm not all the way caught up myself partly because sometimes our ABC works fine and sometimes it doesn't and then I have to catch up online sometimes -Once I discover that my recording didn't work right. And not too mention all the moving around of the show-Urgh!
3. American Idol - The year of the celebrity guest judges on the road. And of course Paula is out and Ellen is in as Hollywood week starts. And now this appears to be Simon's last season too. It remains to be seen how it will go with all of those changes. So far so good for now...
4. The Bachelor -On the wings of Love: As nice guy Jake is back after not winning Bachelorette's Jillian's hand. He's dealing with the normal drama when a bunch of women fighting over 1 guy get together-But, who knew there'd be so much drama?! First time ever someone had to be kicked off because of an "inappropriate relationship" with a staff member!(they were fired too). And he finally kicked off "crazy eyes"-Before a rose ceremony. And now Ali had to choose between staying and losing her job. Or go back to work and miss out on Jake -Or does she?? Seems we'll see her again -Who knows what all is going to happen...
5. And in other Reality show news -Anyone catch the new one -Undercover Boss?
I love this show! Ok so I know I'm kinda a reality show junkie -But,I'm sure the network people also knew this would be perfect timing for this kind of show. Like most of your average hard-working middle class americans-This hits home. Like our economy in general you've got the "fat cat" CEO's and such living it up with their golden parachutes not understanding how it really is on "the front lines." Granted I am a SAHM now but, I did live in the corporate world once and disliked it -1 of the reasons I am a SAHM ;) Again I love the concept of the boss working undercover and seeing how their policies are implented. And finding out there's people like the woman who was doing the job of 3or4? Had family depending on her and her house up for sale because they couldn't afford it anymore- Overworked and Underpaid is the name of the game unfortunately for so many. Once the boss realizes things like that -They vow to make changes -I hope it does continue like that -Would be a good domino affect to have ;)
Oh and I can't wait for Survivor -Heroes Vs. Villians! Well,that's it for now -Until next time-Have a good day! :)
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
It was pretty fun and busy. Glad I took my sis with me so we could sit together and share a pizza ;) I'm also glad I brought my biz. cards too since the mingling I did was pretty much a card exchange. I met some pretty cool people though! And as always it was nice to be in company with people like Tasha from Tasha does Tulsa who hosted it-Be sure to check out her blog. She says there's gonna be another blogger meetup sometime soon-I'll be on the lookout for more info. and I hope you will be too :)
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
In today's edition of The Friday Five -I'm taking inspiration from Facebook. You might occasionally see people have their status's as some kind of little game -For instance this week people looked up their name in urbandictionary.com and posted what it said-I thought that was pretty fun- So, here's 5 things related to this blog according to urbandictionary.com
1. Being a mommy blogger and the word mom being in my blog here's- Mom: The woman who loves you unconditionally from birth, the one who puts her kids before herself and the one who you can always count on above everyone else.
2. Mayhem: Norweigan metal band. Famed more for stabbings than music.
I can assure you that my blog is not meant to be named after that ;) Just the occasional mom mayhem for me.
3. Blogger: In simple terms: Derived from weblogger, s.o. who keeps a weblog, a diary on the internet.
But, I have to warn you apparently people who've written on urbandictionary have drank the haterade about bloggers -Saying a lot of things like:
"Term used to describe anyone with enough time or narcissism to document every tedious bit of minutia filling their uneventful lives. Possibly the most annoying thing about bloggers is the sense of self-importance they get after even the most modest of publicity. Sometimes it takes as little as a referral on a more popular blogger's website to set the lesser blogger's ego into orbit."
Ouch! I say let's get some positive things on there-Bloggers unite!
4. Stay at Home Mom: At least there's some positive but, also some negative -Urgh! Here's some of what it says -
Simple version: A mother that stays at her home during the day. Unemployed, usually with the husband supporting the family. The main reason for being a stay-at-home mom is to raise children better.
I liked this 1-It was a bit lengthy so, I've cut some out: A woman who is capable of taking on children, home and husband. She is a strong woman who can handle anything that comes her way. Let me tell you, staying home with children 24/7, never being able to socialize with other adults without any children around is MUCH more exuasting. Most stay at home moms aren't rich. Sometimes it's cheaper to stay home than to pay for daycare.
And then some of the negatives: A stay at home mom is a white, upper middle class woman who: -thinks anything that is not white, upper middle class is inferior and/or evil
-thinks her children need her up their asses 24/7
-crucify working moms for not spending enough time with their children, but find it perfectly acceptable for a man to forgo time with their kids for their career (sexists hypocrites)
-max out their hubby's credit card at Talbot's, the hair salon, and buying a big ass SUV or mini van
Yikes! -That 1 was also lengthy so, I cut some out. Obviously there's some points I disagree with on that-again with the haterade.
5. And for the 1 that started it all -Looking up my name -Angela:
Small, short catlike person. Very easy to tease, but there's no reason to tease an Angela because they're very sweet. You can trust an Angela. Often, Angelas need a hug. Give your Angela a hug today.
I like that 1 -There's a few good ones -I also like this one:
a) Petite, hazel eyed young lady with a lovely smile and lovely body, who is nice to everyone she meets.
b) An amazing girlfriend
c) Pure sexiness in female form
So, that's it for today's Friday Five -Don't forget to Wear Red today and have a good weekend!